Connecting the camera to Creators' App
Connect the camera to Creators' App.
- Follow the steps below in Creators' App to perform pairing. It is not possible to connect the camera by configuring the pairing settings of the smartphone.
- The appearance varies depending on the smartphone used.
Migrating from Imaging Edge Mobile to Creators' App
If camera system software updates prevent you from using an existing Imaging Edge Mobile, you will need to migrate to Creators' App for the camera.
Applicable models: ILCE-7RM5 (Ver. 2.00 or later), ILCE-7M4 (Ver. 2.00 or later), ILME-FX3 (Ver. 3.00 or later), ILME-FX30 (Ver. 2.00 or later)
- Confirm that the Imaging Edge Mobile icon is (Ver. 7.7.2 or later). If the icon is different, update to the latest version and start the app.
- If you are using an iPhone/iPad, restart your iPhone/iPad (turn the power off and then turn it back on again) after updating the camera, and then connect the camera to Creators' App.
- : smartphone operation
- : camera operation
Start Creators' App and select [Connect with your camera].
- If you previously connected another camera to Creators' App, open (the Cameras screen) and select (Add connected camera) at top right.
On the [Connect with your camera] screen select [Next] and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- You are asked here about access to location information, etc. This information is necessary for connection, so make sure to enable all items.
When [Prepare for connection (camera)] is displayed in Creators' App, follow the instructions on the screen to operate the camera.
- When turning on the camera for the first time after purchase, skip this operation and proceed from step ④.
- Operations vary by camera model. ILCE-7RM5, ILCE-7CR, ILCE-7CM2, ILCE-7M4, ILCE-6700, ZV-E1, ZV-1M2, ILME-FX3, ILME-FX30, ILX-LR1 ZV-1F
- If you are asked [Set "Bluetooth Settings" to "On"?] midway through the process, tap [OK] to enable Bluetooth function.
When [Select the camera to connect to] is displayed in Creators' App, select your camera.
When [Allow connection with your smartphone?] is displayed on the camera, select [OK].
Follow the instructions that appear on the screens of the smartphone and camera, and perform the following camera-specific operations to establish a connection (via Bluetooth connection).
Check the date, time, and other settings on the [Initial camera settings] screen, and select [Use above settings] if they are correct.
- The smartphone's date, time, and other information is sent to the camera.
This completes the Bluetooth pairing process. Once a Bluetooth connection is established, connection is automatic from the second time onward.
In addition, a Wi-Fi connection is needed to perform image transfers or operations with the camera. Connection via Wi-Fi takes place automatically. (Refer to "Controlling cameras from Creators' App (Cameras Screen)")